From:
Robert & Betty Lipe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 9 Aug 2003 19:02:00 -0400
Dear Steve,  The two cowries that you mentioned will eat many things.  I
have had both cowries in my aquarium for many years in the past.  I fed them
coquinas Donax variablis.  They will also eat Pen shells Atrina rigida,
algae,  Rabbit pellet food disolved in a small cockle.  They will eat almost
any fresh raw seafood, but some of it will pollute your tank.  Like scallops
or shrimp that is not eaten right away.  They will also eat anemones, so be
carful with your favorite anemone.  I had a Cypraea cervus live 5 years, a
Cypraea zebra 6 years, and a Cypraea arabica that lived 21 years eating the
same thing.  I no longer have an aquarium, but I enjoyed it for many years
and have seen shells do some strange things.

Bob

Please visit us at our Website: http://www.theshellstore.com
Or at the shop at 348 Corey Ave
St. Pete Beach, FL, 33706