From:
Rick Negus <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Sep 2003 07:51:58 -0700
Linda

I jumped the gun when I saw your e-mail, I was thinking M. ambiguus all along.
If you take a good look at the shells on my webpage you will see that they
are distinctly
different in a lot of ways.  These differences are consistent even when the
two species are found next to each other.  I am not an expert but I and my
other friends who have collected
these have always thought them to be two separate species.  I have found M.
ambiguus at El Golfo in Sonora, so they are not confined to S. Mexico.

Cheers

Rick