Date:
Sat, 25 Oct 2003 23:36:51 -0400
   Hurrah for Kay! What were we thinking? White shells are the "bones" of the mollusk. The critter itself is inside. If it is albinistic,
 it must be the "snail", the soft stuff, that has that characteristic. Neither white nor black shells reflect the nature of the mollusk.
   Perhaps we need a new term to describe shells that do not exhibit the color of the general population.
    Art

> From: Kay Peterson <[log in to unmask]>
> Date: 2003/10/25 Sat PM 09:39:38 EDT
> To: [log in to unmask]
> Subject: Re: Strombus costatus
>
> I think you'd have to see the animal before you could be sure that it was an
> albino!
>
> Kay

PLEASE NOTE: My new, long-term, and correct email address is: [log in to unmask] Please update your records!