Date:
Wed, 21 Jan 2004 16:34:44 -0300
brazilian students in brazil may not submit... what a petty...
I was wondering if my Adelomelon project whould fit.

Fabio
Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Sul
Porto Alegre - BRASIL

 --- "José_H._Leal" <[log in to unmask]> escreveu: >
CONCHOLOGISTS OF AMERICA GRANTS

> CONCHOLOGISTS OF AMERICA (COA) is pleased to announce its 2004
> program of
> grants to support molluscan research. Grants of up to $1,500
> will be
> available to qualified persons undertaking field or laboratory
> research on
> recent or fossil mollusks. Awards are made only to citizens or
> permanent
> residents of the Americas or to students attending graduate
> school in the
> United States. Awards are not made to high school students,
> and rarely to
> college students.
>
> Although proposals of up to $1,500 will be entertained, grants
> rarely
> exceed $1,000, due to the large number of qualified
> applicants. Partial
> funding is not unusual. For a list of previous grantees, see
> <http://coa.acnatsci.org/conchnet/grantees.html>.
>
> THE DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS is 28 February 2004.
> Applications must be
> postmarked by this date OR, if submitted electronically,
> e-mailed not later
> than 12:00 PM on 28 February 2004, US Eastern Standard Time.
>
> INSTRUCTIONS FOR APPLICATION are below or can be found at
> <http://coa.acnatsci.org/conchnet/coagrant.html>.
>
> There is no official application form. Applications should not
> exceed six
> pages single spaced and should include the following items:
>
> 1) title of project;
> 2) summary of project, not to exceed 150 words;
> 3) body of the proposal including:
>          a) background information necessary to understand the
> project and
> its significance,
>          b) materials and methods, and proposed plan of
> research;
>          c) itemized budget of estimated expenses;
>          d) references cited.
> 4) a one page biography or resume including address, phone
> number and other
> means of contacting the applicant.
>
> STUDENT APPLICANTS should also submit a letter of
> recommendation from an
> academic or professional source.
>
> If funding is being requested from several sources, an overall
> budget for
> the project may be presented, with items and total amount
> requested from
> COA clearly indicated. Normal budget items include supplies,
> expendable
> equipment, and travel expenses. Grants will not cover
> salaries, overhead,
> permanent equipment, conferences or meeting costs.
>
> Electronic applications in MS Word or PDF format (please avoid
> large image
> files) may be sent to [log in to unmask] (do not reply
> directly to this
> list!) OR applications may be sent in TRIPLICATE via regular
> mail to:
>
> José H Leal, PhD
> Chair, COA Grants Committee
> [...]
MacDonald.

Yahoo! GeoCities: a maneira mais fácil de criar seu web site grátis!
http://br.geocities.yahoo.com/