Date:
Fri, 12 Mar 2004 16:49:01 -0500
Greetings to all. I am a new member of this list.

Although I have been collecting shells for over 40 years, I do so mostly on
the basis of the attractiveness of a given shell. I consider myself a
novice or casual collector.

I am planning a visit to Florida soon. I have done some research online as
to what the current laws are regarding shelling there. But I remain a bit
confused.

What are the restrictions on shelling (marine, not terrestrial) in Florida?
Are there any places where one may NOT collect DEAD shells (other than Pink
Conchs)? Are there any places where one MAY collect (individual specimens,
not harvest) LIVE shells?

Thank you for any advice.