Date:
Thu, 15 Apr 2004 10:36:43 -0300
No, they are two distinct species.
O. vesica auricularia is larger and not so rounded. The color of
them are distinct and the posterior callus is also distinc.

O. vesica auricularia is abundant, and O. deshayesiana is not
that common.

Fabio Wiggers

 --- Peter Egerton <[log in to unmask]> escreveu: >
> Greetings oh great and powerful experts,
>
> I recently acquired specimens of what are labeled
> Olivancillaria vesica
> auricularia and Olivancillaria deshayesiana. They look
> identical to me. Are
> these the same species? If not, could someone please enlighten
> me on the
> differences between the two?
>
> Regards,
> Peter Egerton
>

> --
> Peter Egerton, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
> - - - - - - - Seashells and Web Publishing - - - - - - - - - -
> Seashell Website:  "Peter's Seashells"
>                (including "Seashells of British Columbia")
>               http://members.shaw.ca/bcshells/index.html
> Email: mailto:[log in to unmask]

Yahoo! Messenger - Fale com seus amigos online. Instale agora!
http://br.download.yahoo.com/messenger/