From:
Your Full Name <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 18 Apr 2004 13:51:44 -0400
Do you have some photos online of your setup?  I just started a large tub aquarium a few months ago to watch various snails from the Tampa Bay area.  Current inhabitants include a couple of banded tulips, 3 true tulips, 2 horse conches and 2 lightening whelks with one of them being about 12" long.  I expected the large lightening to decimate the other snails but she hasn't touched them.  The lightening seem to only eat various scallops and clams I collect.  The horse conches only seem to eat kings crown conches (when I have them), and the true tulips only eat the banded tulips.  The banded tulips will sometimes eat on various small cerths I also have in the tank, but they spend most of their time running from the larger true tulips.  I've found it interesting to see how selective their eating habits are considering how easily they could eat other things due to size differences.  To watch a bright orange horse conch envelope a victim is a colorful if not deadly event.