Date:
Fri, 18 Jun 2004 20:22:09 -0400
Dear Pete;-
   One of my favorite posessions is an Ordivician trilobite. It's extinct. But just maybe---someone will discover living trilobites. Dinosaurs are extinct. They were too big to hide somewhere.
   So extinct is:---they aint been seen around these parts fer a coons age.
    You just have to leave a tiny little gap for---"maybe".
       Art

> From: Peter Egerton <[log in to unmask]>
> Date: 2004/06/18 Fri PM 05:58:33 EDT
> To: [log in to unmask]
> Subject: Re: shell extinction..
>
> Art,
>
> By that measurement, clams from hydrothermal vents, or anything else that
> lives exclusively in hard-to-reach localities (Antarctica, the Arctic,
> oceanic trenches) is near extinction. Good try though.
>
> Peter
>
> At 07:22 AM 18/06/2004, you wrote:
> >Then there's the Coelacanth.
> >    Try this: a species is nearing extinction when it has not appeared on
> > a list for several years---and when it does---is too expensive to buy.
> >     Art
>
> --
> Peter Egerton, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
> - - - - - - - Seashells and Web Publishing - - - - - - - - - -
> Seashell Website:  "Peter's Seashells"
>                (including "Seashells of British Columbia")
>               http://members.shaw.ca/bcshells/index.html
> Email: mailto:[log in to unmask]

PLEASE NOTE: My new, long-term, and correct email address is: [log in to unmask] Please update your records!