Date:
Wed, 30 Jun 2004 13:25:03 -0300
Dr. Avila´s question made me curious about development in
Volutidae. Many (or all????) have direct development. Posture is
made in large egg capsules, some attached to substratum, some
not. Some with only one embrio (like Melo?), some with just a
few.
I know of several papers by Penchaszadeh on Zidona (reproductive
cicle) and description of egg capsules of south atlantic
Volutidae. But whow abbout the rest of the family? Is it well
known? Any references to reproductive strategies of Volutidae???

regards
Fabio Wiggers
Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Sul
Porto Alegre - BRASIL

> >Dr. Sérgio Ávila (MSc.)
> >Secção de Biologia Marinha
> >Departamento de Biologia
> >Universidade dos Açores
> >9500 Ponta Delgada
> >Portugal
> >
> >Hi Everyone:
> >
> >I needed to know the type of development (planktotrophic or
> >non-planktotrophic) of the following species:
> >
> >- Mitrella broderipi
> >- Cantharus variegatus
> >- Conus ambiguus
> >- Conus ermineus
> >- Conus miruchae
> >- Conus roeckeli
> >- Conus ventricosus
> >- Conus venulatus
> >- Morula nodulosa
> >- Polynices lacteus
> >
> >With very best wishes,
> >
> >Sérgio

Yahoo! Mail - agora com 100MB de espaço, anti-spam e antivírus grátis!
http://br.info.mail.yahoo.com/