From:
Phil Liff-Grieff <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 5 Sep 2004 14:10:38 -0700
Donna,

Depending on tides, of course, your best bet would be
along any of the many breakwaters that surround the LA
Harbor.  There are restrictions (although rarely
enforced) against live shelling of most species within
1,000 feet below the mean low tide line.
Additionally, a fishing license is needed for live
shells.  But, if you are only collecting dead shells,
neither restriction applies.

For more details of the California shelling
restrictions, you can go the the Fish and Game website
(http://www.dfg.ca.gov/fg_comm/2004/oceanfish04.html#2905).

If you give me a better idea of what you are looking
for, I might be able to direct you more specifically
(please contact me directly).

All the best,
Phil

--- Donna Ransome <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> I will be in Los Angeles later this month on
> business, with one extra day to myself for shelling.
>  Any recommendations on good shelling locations
> nearby?

=====
Phil Liff-Grieff
2447 Kemper Avenue