From:
"Samuel S. Tuttle" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Sep 2004 06:46:02 -0400
If you're looking for large shells and consider Chincoteague, you'll
actually want to go to Assateague Island Park.  The southernmost hook of
Assateague has been closed since March to protect the piping plover birds,
and opened on September 1st.  Although many tourists have picked up most of
the large shells, you will find many half-buried in washover sand.  I find
that most tourists overlook real treasures on these local beaches.  This
year (it changes every year) there are several trenches at mid and high tide
lines.  Look there.

Sam

www.streetsmartbooks.com
Home of SMALL BUSINESS PRIMER: