From:
Carlos Duraes de Carvalho <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 Nov 2004 23:21:20 -0000
Linda
In fact they are very similar. If in good conditions both are shiny and
the outer color is the same. In perryi the spire is shorter,  the
aperture is smaller and the siphonal canal is longer, near the rear
canal the outer lip make a stronger angle with a larger body whorl near
the shoulder.  Because of this it looks more with ranzani than lotorium.
Lotorium have two dark brown blotches near the rear canal and in perryi
they are absent or faded.
Looking to my specimens from Mozambique these are the differences I
note.
Best regards
Carlos Carvalho                   www.shellscarvalho.com