Date:
Sun, 6 Feb 2005 10:22:52 +0100
Maybe you will sleep better now , maybe not  : In " A Conchological
Iconography - Family Haliotidae " Daniel Geiger gives no explanation for the
size variation ( my guess is that it is probably related to diet ) in
Haliotis tuberculata and there is no statistic study   either about  size
around Gibraltar . In southern Mediterranean there are records of the
species from Morocco , Algeria , Tunisia , Lybia and Egypt . As far as H.
stomatiaeformis is concerned I could youd send you color photos and I might
have some spares though I do not have any live-taken specimen y collection .
I have some color photos of the recently described  Haliotis mykonosensis if
you want . Franck Frydman