From:
Linda Bush <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Mar 2005 00:47:18 +0000
Hi, Carole!

Was Frieda Schilling ever given the award?  She is now getting up there in years and is mainly housebound, so someone from our club would have to accept the award for her.  In addition to me, our current President, Larry Watrous may very well be at the convention, giving a talk; Harry Lee asked him if he would.  The Wehmers, Kelly and Norman, will probably come too.  Frieda made uncountable contributions to the knowledge of fresh water and land mollusca; and she gave the bulk of her collection, some 17,000 lots, I think, the American Conchologist said, to the Chicago Field museum.

I must call Frieda and find out how she is doing. The last time I saw her was well over a year ago, as she is not able to come out any more for meetings (her husband can't drive anymore, and I don't think she ever drove herself).

Cordially,
Linda Bush