From:
Dan Yoshimoto <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 31 Jul 1998 15:18:58 -0700
>Dear Members of Conch-L:  First let me explain. This morning I wrote an
>email to Conch-L, & I included myself in the recipients so I will know it
>went through.  This is what I wrote.
>
>"At COA Linda Brunner had a computer-printed page of shell drawings that
>were really nice.  Unfortunately, Linda said the program was for Macintosh.
> If any of you know of a similar program that you would recommend that is
>IBM compatible, would you please tell me.
>
>"For those of you that missed the Convention in Orlando, you missed a good
>one (Linda K. and her helpers did a wonderful job)!  Better start planning
>right now to attend the one next year in Louisville.  I don't see how it
>could be any better, but for one who has so many Shell Show Trophies it
>just might be possible.  Maybe he could makes a display of his awards, if
>he has a table big enough."
>
>I never got a copy sent back to me, but usually when that happens there is
>a message telling me it didn't go through.  There was nothing like that
>either.  So I wrote the following test message.
>
>"Sorry to bother you, but this is a test message.  Want to see if it goes
>through, my last one apparently went nowhere."
>
>A copy of that was sent to me so everything was OK, but I still can't
>figure out what happened to the first one.  Then I get this answer from
>Paul. Now I have always considered Paul one of the most intelligent, able
>to express himself so well, computer-literate member of Conch-L.  And look
>what he writes.
>
>"Came to Rhode Island okay Betty Jean!
>Regards,
>Paul M."
>
>Now I assume he misspelled Come on purpose to make me feel better about all
>my typing errors, which was very kind of him.  But he still didn't say if
>he got the 1st message or was just responding to the 2nd, & who is to come
>to Rhode Island, do you think he means me, or maybe he wants the 2001 COA
>Convention be in Rhode Island?
>
>Then Bobbi Cordy was also nice enough to respond.
>
>"It came through - loud and clear!
>How is the animal holding out??
>Bobbi "
>
>But what came through loud and clear, one email or two?  I am still waiting
>for someone to tell me of a good program for printing drawings of shells.
>If you are wondering what animal Bobby is referring to, she made a nice
>body for my 8" Charoniavariegata for me & then the postal service messed it
>up.  So I took it to Orlando & she helped me patch it.  Thank you, Bobbi.
>When and if I ever learn how to send pictures, I'll take one of my Triton
>and send you each an email.
>
>Now I have written too much.  I sincerely hope that those of you that are
>not interested in such trivia, deleted this message after the first few
>words.  But if you know of a good program for shell pictures, tell me.
>
>Betty Jean, The Tall One (P.S. Belated Happy Birthday, Travis)
>
>Betty Jean Piech
> [...]

Betty Jean,
        Do you know the program that Linda Brunner is using that has shell
illustrations for Macintosh?  Being a teacher, I use Mac instead of IBM.
I've looked & looked but so far I have found nothingwith shells, except
Dover, which only had 3 shells and a giant Banana Slug.  Can you give me
Linda Brunner's e-mail address?
Dan Yoshimoto

Dan & Hiromi Yoshimoto
1164 Vista Dr.