From:
John Flynn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 Aug 2005 14:30:48 -0400
Hello,

I am excited to have just discovered the Conch-L. My wife and I are novice
amateur collectors of marine gastropods. We have just returned to
California (and easy internet access) after 3.5 years cruising the
tropical pacific on our sailboat. During the past 2 years we spent most of
our time field collecting in remote areas. We have learned just enough to
start asking lots of questions. We are very interested in species
variability, behavior, habitat and distribution. The Conch-L appears to be
a place we might find some answers! In addition to the Conch-L, can anyone
direct me to other good conchological information resources? Are there any
other good internet discussion groups?  What publications and newsletters
should I subscribe to? Thanks for your help.

John