From:
Andy Rindsberg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Sep 2005 09:20:53 -0500
Dear All,

I have used EndNote for years as a bibliographic database, and it works very
well. Any field or combination of fields can be searched for any character
string, and up to 32,000 records can be included in one file. Extensive
notes and even photos can be included, though if many are included, it
reduces the number of records that can be included. More capacious versions
are available at higher cost.

Although this software is designed for book and journal citations, I have
noticed that the names of the fields can be modified by the user, so in
effect this bibliographic database can also be used for other kinds of
inventories without the need to buy two programs. I have often wondered how
well it would work. Have any of you Conchlers tried using bibliographic
software to catalog shells?

Cheers,
Andy

Andrew K. Rindsberg