From:
Paul Kanner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 Oct 2005 18:45:32 -0700
Hi Rick,
Those sure do appear to be Chlamys hastata hasata. The shape of the ears is
telltail as well as the more oblong shape of the valves.
Check with Chuck Reitz to be 100% sure. By the way, collected a specimen
last Saturday that measured 71.74mm.  It was dead but in near mint
condition.  The biggest I've ever collected.
Hope to see you soon.
Regards,
Paul Kanner