From:
Guido Poppe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 Oct 2005 12:39:17 +0800
HELLO,

Just back from 6 days boating, which gave me ample time between the
dives to think about the Visaya "peer review" question. Several
private emails were quite convincing on ameliorating the text part,
most people being more than satisfied with layout and photography
results. We decided to form a scientific board that will review the
articles before publication. In the next six months we will see if
this is workable and reevaluate things on that moment.  For the ones
who got doubts as on the scientific validity of Visaya, all
requirements from the Code are there, including the purpose of the
magazine, and of course BIOSIS got Visaya from the first issue.
The number 5 is in print with 34 new species and 150 pages and the
number 6 will get its peer review by scientists and the book
supplement 2 with 70 new species of Trochidae also.

Best regards, Mabuhay,

Guido from Mactan, noon and very sunny.