From:
Bev Dolezal <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Nov 2005 07:47:09 -0500
Peggy/Debbie,
Could be the red tide but also Hurricane Wilma seemed to have an effect over
on the west coast of Florida.  I'm on Sand Key, right by Clearwater Beach
and after Hurricane Francis last year we had thousands of fighting conchs
wash up on the beach.  This year after Hurricane Wilma I noticed a very
large number of olive shells.  Just on one "stoop" I would pick up at least
8 specimens.
Bev Dolezal
Clearwater