From:
Emilio Jorge Power <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Aug 1998 19:52:15 -0400
CAROL BOSWELL SIMPSON wrote:

> We were just looking at the video my husband made of the bourse at COA
> Convention.
>
> Does anyone know the most expensive shell for sale at the bourse?  We have
> the $3500 epitonium, and didn't know if that was the highest priced one.

Hello!

Hi,

No! The most expensive, which I saw,  was a Zoila perlae perlae which
Donald Dan had on display. I do not know if he sold it (asking price of
approx $5,400.00, I think). Strange had a more juvenile specimen, for
less cost ($2,400.00), explained by the immaturity of the shell, I
suppose. These are very rare shells deep trawled by the Taiwanese off
the Northwest coast of Australia in the 70's.

The Zoila delicatura (a dwarf Zoila perlae eludens) were also being sold
for about $2,500.00. An erroneous name, should be "delicatula", and a
very very poor case for a new species, specifically in the Zoila,
overspecified as they are.

--
Later,

Emilio Jorge Power