Date:
Tue, 6 Dec 2005 17:17:03 +0200
Dear Andy (and Charlie),

I thank you for your clarifications.
I shall start to apply the suggestions of Andy, specialy that I'm
concentrating, as an amateur, on land-, fluvial-, and sea- shells of
Egypt, Mediterranean mainly.
Unfortunately, being an amateur shells collector, I rely mainly on
seashore collecting (very fruitfull in micro-shells) and have very
little means to collect from the open sea (trawling, dredging, caroting,
etc...) except for some snorkeling, but I'll start anyhow, even if at 61
years of age.
Even local exchange is of little use as most shell traders offer their
products in a crude way,  as it's,  without any datas (sold only for
decoration), and very few fellow collectors exist (still collecting
mainly for decoration).
Few literrature exists concerning shells of the Egyptian Mediterranean
shores (except for the scholarly publications of the late Dr. Barash,
who offered me, with appreciation, mainy of his pamphlets).  For the Red
Sea it's another thing.

Again thank you.
--
Nabih <[log in to unmask]>