From:
Bernd Sahlmann <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 31 Dec 2005 17:24:57 +0100
Dear Harry,

to make the matter more complex the title page of Linné 1757 shows  the name
in its latin version as "Caroli a Linné".
You may retrieve the scans of all pages of most of the Linné works at the
famous site of "AnimalBase" of the library of Goettingen. It will give
access to works before 1800 in which new taxa are described. The link to
Linné is:
http://dz-srv1.sub.uni-goettingen.de/sub/digbib/loader?ht=VIEW&did=D215231
A search function at:
http://www.animalbase.uni-goettingen.de/zooweb/servlet/AnimalBase/search
leeds to all other already digitized works, eg. Rumphius, Aldrovandi.

The AnimalBase is a great site on rare old conchological literature as the
Goettingen library has the biggest inventory on old literure in Germany. The
project leader of the AnimalBase, Francisco Welter-Schultes, is a
malacologist.

Best regards

Bernd Sahlmann

--
DSL-Aktion wegen großer Nachfrage bis 28.2.2006 verlängert:
GMX DSL-Flatrate 1 Jahr kostenlos* http://www.gmx.net/de/go/dsl