From:
Ken Zentzis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 Aug 1998 09:22:11 -0500
Hello Everyone!

I'm currently trying to construct a database for my collection, and have found
the discussions in the Conch-L archives to be most helpful.  I want to thank
all who shared their ideas and thoughts on the subject.

I can't seem to relocate one posting which discussed mainly
fields...hierarchies, types of fields neccesary for museum-level research,
field names, field lengths, etc.  I read it  before I knew I would actually be
doing this myself (just recently received FileMakerPro 2.1 as a gift for use
on my Mac), or I surely would have copied it for reference.  I believe the
post was written by one of our museum- worker members...
If anyone can help me on this, I would surely appreciate it!

Also, I wouldn't be averse to receiving sample pages with commentary on what
you've found to be particularly useful, or things to best avoid when setting
up a DB. (Uh-oh, I think I just left an opening for the rapier, Terebra
triseriata, Ensis siliqua-like wit of that wentletrap guy...OK, Art...lemme
have it!  You've been way too quiet lately..."trust me".

Thanks,
Ken