Date:
Thu, 13 Aug 1998 08:14:45 -0400
In 20,000 leagues under the sea the divers wore some sort of whelk on their
back for a breathing apparatus.
this morning AMC ran a rather interesting movie, Fair Lady of Java , in the
leading woman's stateroom there were several shells including a few abalone
and a large "baler" volute.

Changing topics a bit, after a quick snorkeling adventure yesterday morning
I notice a rather interesting warning label on the side of my square 5 gal
(U.S. not imperial) specimen bucket, "Warning small children could fall into
bucket and drown." is really a problem with square 5 gal buckets or with all
5 gal buckets and should we erect safety barriers around our buckets to
prevent this. This seems a bit far fetched that a child would dive head
first into a bucket, and if the buckets empty shouldn't we warn parents to
keep buckets full of water to prevent head trauma to the child from hitting
it's head? This has me pondering the future of warning labels, "warning ,
use caution when drinking from this cup, you could drown."
Just a thought,
Mark & Peta  Bethke
Hollywood, Florida