Date:
Wed, 3 May 2006 16:39:28 -0300
Charles, i saw a article on Smithsonian Contributions to Zoology

Robert Hershler 1994. A Review of the North American Freshwater
Snail Genus Pyrgulopsis (Hydrobiidae); Issue Date: July 19, 1994

that considered Savaginius Taylor as a synonym of Pyrgulopsis.

I don't know about S. yatesianus, though.

Regards,
Fabio Wiggers

--- Charles L Powell <[log in to unmask]> escreveu:

> I've got a question that someone here might be able to help me
> with.  I'm
> not much with fresh water and land snails and I've come across
> the name
> Savaginius yatesianus (Cooper) for a critter that I think I
> have.  But, I
> can't find any modern reference (illustrations) to the genus
> Savaginius,
> much less S. yatesianus.  I found the name in Taylor, D.W.,
> 1966, Summary
> of North American Blancan nonmarine mollusks.  Malacologia,
> 4(1): 1-172.
> But, no record of the genus in Roth, B., and Sadeghian, P.S.,
> 2003,
> Checklist of the land snails and slugs of California.  Santa
> Barbara
> Museum of Natural History Contributions in Science 3: 1-81.
> Has the name
> changed?  And if so to what?  Also, any good guides to
> identifying land
> and fresh water mollusks of California?  Thanks for the help.
>
> Best,
>
> Chuck
>
> Charles L Powell, II
> Western Earth Surface Processes Team, MS 975
> U. S. Geological Survey
> 345 Middlefield Rd.
> Menlo Park, CA  94025
> (650) 329-4985

Novo Yahoo! Messenger com voz: Instale agora e faça ligações de graça.
http://br.messenger.yahoo.com/