From:
"John K. Tucker" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Sep 2006 16:49:37 -0500
Dear David,

I think that it would be included because the subgenus has no nomenclatural validity so far as homology goes.  Thus if an author described genus AAA and included 10 species in the nominate subgenus (AAA) but at the same time described a further 10 species in genus AAA subgenus BBB, they all would be species originally included in genus AAA.  At least that would be my initial inclination.

However, I would think that someone surely has argues this point in the past?

Sincerely,

John K. Tucker
Illinois Natural History Survey