From:
Linda Bush <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Oct 2006 06:53:12 -0700
Hi, Listers!

Can someone give me the date that live collecting was banned on Sanibel/Captiva?
I am working with a newly acquired old collection (I could cry that much of the locality data is missing, as these shells represent what was available in Florida in the early 1960's).   Among others, I have beautiful large angel wings (and a baby from of St. Petersburg - definitely NOT anything but Cyrtopleura costata) which probably came from Blind Pass in the days that it was open and angel wings were being collected from there.   Also many shells from west of Cedar Key, and off St. Petersburg.   Fortuantely, there are some shells that do have data.

Thanks,
Linda Bush
St. Louis, Missouri

P.S.   For those of you that haven't received the news, we have formally disbanded our club - too many of us are becoming elderly, and there are no younger members replacing us oldsters.   We are continuing to keep our summer picnic and our Christmas party and intend to keep in touch with each other.    COA will probably be the recipient of the remains of the club that were not disbursed to members.