From:
Pete Krull <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Mar 2008 10:58:43 -0500
 I recently purchased an amphidromus species from Hainan Province, China.
Hainan Province is actually an island off the southwest coast of mainland
China. It forms the eastern boundary of the Gulf of Tonkin and is due east
of northern Vietnam.

The shell is about 39mm tall, yellow on the spire and green, possibly
periostracal, on the body whorl. There is a sutural black line. The aperture
is purplish. It appears to be possibly related to the A. mouhoti group of
Pilsbry.

Does anyone know of any reported Amphidromus from this part of southeast
Asia? Also, if anyone has an idea of the species I'd be interested in
knowing.

If you would like a photo of the shell as well as the live snail email me at
[log in to unmask]  (I don't have the live snail, only a photo that was
provided by the collector). Pete Krull