From:
Deborah Wills <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 2 Jan 1999 10:47:33 -0600
Happy New (Shelling) Year to you all!

For those who might be interested in Alabama shells, I have updated my
site with two more lists.

I have added the "Alabama State List of Endangered Mollusks" at:
        http://fly.hiwaay.net/~dwills/alaendsp.html

If others have a *State* list of endangered mollusks, please let me
know. (Thanks!)

Also, Andy Rindsberg gave me a list of some fossil species (Upper
Cretaceous Bivalvia of Alabama) which I put up at:
        http://fly.hiwaay.net/~dwills/fossils/uppercre.html

I hope someone gets some use from these lists.  Eventually (no telling
how long that will take) I'd like to have some pictures to go along with
the names.

On another topic, I am glad that some of you have taken up the challenge
(and challenge it is) to keep an online list of mollusk-related
websites.  I know from experience that keeping a list like that
up-to-date can be very time consuming (which is why I quit updating my
Resources list).  If you plan to use a web link-checker software to help
you keep your list up-to-date, make sure that your software recognizes
the difference in whether the site was actually accessed, or whether an
error or address change message was received.  Organizing the URLs can
be a challenge in and of itself.  If those of you who are working on
resources lists want ideas and would like to see how mine was organized,
send me a note offlist and I'll send the URL.  Good luck with your
endeavors!!

Till later,

Debbie
 <><