Date:
Sun, 10 Jan 1999 07:38:26 -0500
Hi all,

Thank you for your responses to my Sanibel shelling question, I appreciate
the input.

I am adding more shells to my collection this month. I collect dead shells
on the beach or in shallow water just offshore. I use clear tackle boxes
from Wal-Mart and archival paper with the data in each compartment with the
shell.

I live in an 850 sq. foot house, and I'm running out of room, both in the
tackle boxes I have and in the space I use to store them. Buying more
storage boxes is easy- finding a place to store them isn't!

My question is, when I add a new shell to the tackle box I always keep
species separate, of course. But is it ok to put same species, gathered in
the same locality but at different times, in the same compartment? For
example, if I have a pecten gathered at Naples Florida in January of 1998,
and another from Naples Florida in January of 1999, do I put them in
separate compartments, or can I put them together?

Thanks,

Elizabeth