From:
shelloak <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 29 Jan 1999 22:35:10 -0600
Tonight I am asking for help from all of you, especially the dealers!!!
Carol Adamson in Las Vagas needs help!!  Dealers, Please send her your
rejects, Collectors, if you have an extra shell or two please send them to
her.  She is starting a class for the "kids" in her high school and needs
many different kinds of shells, size is not important, but PLEASE do not
send shells that have been almost destroyed, give her shells that the
children will like.  Also she wants to start a class to teach teachers
about shells, so many many shells are needed.Those of you that trade
shells, surely you can spare one or two for this worthy cause.  Some these
children may become the future Marine Biologists, others just collectors
and maybe some might become dealers.  No one knows where this might lead.
Maybe no where, but with out our help, Carol will have a hard time doing
the teaching she wants to do.  So there is over 300 of you on the Conch-L
list, if each one of you send just 2 shells to her, she will now have 600
shells to teach with.  They do not have to be rare or expensive, she will
be glad to get anything from any of you.  Paul M. and I have already
started sending her shells,  I do hope the rest of you can give a little
also.  Have a good night.. John Bernard   [log in to unmask]   Tennessee