From:
CHAN Sow-Yan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 13 Feb 1999 21:17:59 +0800
Hi folks,

Interesting topic on green snail!

In Singapore, there is also a so-called green snail
but it's a <I>Amphidromus atricallosus</I>.
An empty sample which I used for my webpage icon is at:
http://home1.pacific.net.sg/~chansy/graphics/pic.gif

The shell color is a dirty-green when alive, but turned
yellow when dead. Never dare try putting in bleach. :-)
You can see some images of both the live and dead samples at:
http://www.giaco.com/~chansy/html/listingx.htm
Scroll down for Camaenidae.

BTW, there is a Messageboard for you to use at:
http://forums.delphi.com/m/main.asp?sigdir=molluscanPix

Regards,  CHAN Sow-Yan (Singapore)

Molluscan Pictures at http://home1.pacific.net.sg/~chansy/