From:
Gert Lindner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 Feb 1999 09:31:14 +0100
Hello,
Helmut has an old edition of my book "Muscheln und Schnecken der
Weltmeere". I have changed this in the meantime. Correct is
"insulaechorab" because the International Code of Zoological
Nomenclature permits no-one dividing spelling in speciesnames, -
Article 32 (i): "A name published with a diacritic mark, apostrophe,
diaeresis, or hyphen, or a species-group name published as separate
words of which any is an abbreviation, is to be corrected
(1) in the case of an apostrophe or hyphen ... by the deletion of the
mark concerned and by uniting any resulting parts."
Sorry,
Gert