Date:
Sun, 28 Feb 1999 01:02:12 -0500
Hello Everyone, I have been reading the requests for shells from
teachers and such and just wanted to add my 2 cents worth. I work as a
director of a group treatment home for boys and very soon a group
treatment home for girls.  These youths, ages 9-16 are sent to us by the
juvenile justice system for a stay of 6-9 months.  I am going to be
working very closly with the school teacher to insure that their daily
class work is progressive and oriented towards lighting the fire inside
them to learn. Most serious research reveals that an increase in
education correlates with decreased crime, drug use etc..  Being an
amateur shell collector, marine biologist and just facinated by nature,
I plan to attempt to introduce my charges to the natural wonders of
South Florida, the Everglades and the world.  I already possess some
shells and errata from my area but I am looking to expand my collection
of marine related items from this area, south of the equator and other
parts of the world. Any extra shells anyone has or other marine related
items anyone could send my way would be appreciated and put to good use.
I will gladly reimburse any postage costs incurred.  Please reply
privately rather than taking up space on Conch-L. If anyone is able to
help the address follows.  Thank you, Michael Huggins

Friends of Children
Sankofa House
Attention: Michael Huggins, Director
5601 NW 28th. Street