From:
James M Cheshire <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 Mar 1999 11:03:20 -0600
Dear all, here is a little story I made up. Hope you like it!

Once there was a very greedy and cruel shell dealer.
He collected live shells without mercy. He would
collect many more specimen's than local regulation's
allowed. He would also, occasionally, smuggle an endangered
species out of it's home country to sell. One time, he got the
opportunity
to go on a research vessel in the Bahamas. The vessel had a deep sea
submersible,
and he was allowed to watch the sea bed and choose any shell he wanted.
Of course,
he chose many Pleurotomaria midas. On deck, he observed his 20 P. midas.
He screamed:
I'm rich! I'm rich! He then began to laugh evilly. Just then, the midas
he was holding began to
extend from it's shell. It caught his eye. He was carefully watching the
animal, as if it might pose
pose some threat to him. The animal lifted it head, and although it was
blind, it appeared to look
straight at him. Suddenly a beam of bright yellow light shot from the
animals mouth. The beam hit
the man, and in an instant he was turned into a solid gold statue. The
crew of the vessel, terrified, threw
all of the midas specimens overboard. After they had regained their
senses, the crew realized what they
had on board that would make THEM rich. The statue! So the crew returned
to port with their prize, happy
as larks.

The end.

Moral: The ones that suffer will get their revenge.

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]