From:
Bronwen Scott <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Mar 1999 15:30:30 +1000
Can anybody give me information on the distribution of the fissurellid genus
Scutus?  I thought it was restricted to the Indo-West Pacific (including
Australia), but in Wilson's "Australian Marine Shells", the genus is listed
as cosmopolitan.  Does anyone know of records from the east Pacific (Keen
doesn't mention it in her tropical west America book) or from the Atlantic or
Caribbean?

Bronwen
Melbourne, Australia