From:
Sylvia Mail <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 Mar 1999 17:02:14 -0600
Speaking of glue - I've found the neatest thing for shells.  It's simply
named "Prang Glue Pen" and is made by Dixon Ticonderosa Co.  I found it at
an office supply store.  It is suitable for paper, cloth and cellophane, and
has a sponge top.  It is completely water soluble - in fact it says if the
sponge hardens, just dip it in water.

It reminds me of rubber cement, in that you can peel it off if you don't
want to get the item wet.  But it is clearer and not as "gooey" and doesn't
have an odor.  It's ideal for getting bivalves together while on display, or
for attaching a slip of paper inside to identify it.  And of course, great
for gluing down photos, newspaper articles and for children to use in
projects.  It has a stamp on it certifying it is non-toxic.

You don't have to worry about making a mistake, and it is fairly
quick-drying.

Sylvia Edwards
Huntsville AL