From:
Kay Lavalier <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Mar 1999 22:21:42 -0500
Andrew Vik
Tampa, Fl., U.S.A.

Kevin:

I, for one, would like to thank you for the thankless task of writing shell
books. Upon my return from Australia last August, I found my library to be
seriously lacking in Australian references. I soon purchased your two
Australian bivalve volumes. They weren't cheap, but what a great investment
they are! I collected around Sydney, Adelaide, and Cairns, and I have been
able to ID all of my Aussie pelecypods with your wonderfully illustrated
books. Thank you very much for spending the time it took to create these
definitive works.

Yours,
          Andrew