From:
shelloak <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Mar 1999 21:29:17 -0600
Cataloging shells,it is related, but still has nothing to do with shells.
Before the computer, how did everyone including mysalf catalog their
shells?  By typing up a lis of what they had and giveing each shell a
number  to match the typed page.  There is no difference in what happened
before the computer than what you all or most of you do now, the difference
is you now have your collections stored on discs instead of paper.  You
also could glance faster at the paper than haveing to first put in the disc
to see what you have.  Either way, you are doing nothing more than keeping
track of your shells, but still has nothing to do with the shells
themsleves.  And what happens if your computer messes up and wipes out your
disc, this won't happen on paper..  So you cqtalog them any way you want,
but I would still rather hear about Arts pigs.  John    Tennessee