From:
Scott Schubbe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 May 1999 07:16:32 EDT
Hi Ken,

Are dermestid beetles found world-wide? Is there any type of preventative for
them? The thought of opening my shell case and finding all the operculums and
data slips chewed to bits is horrifying. Can't imagine anything wanting to
eat a nasty dried-up operculum. Except my dog once. I dropped it on the
kitchen floor, and the little begger snatched it up, tried to swallow it, and
proceeded to yak and wheeze all over the house 'til he got it unstuck off of
the back of his tongue. Maybe I should of recorded that on the data slip for
that shell.

Scott
Florida