From:
Tom Rice <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 May 1999 18:41:10 -0700
As with other areas the carnivorous Euglandina was introduced to try to
control other introduced species such as  Achatina fulica - instead, in many
cases, Euglandina attacked local terrestrial species (i.e. in Hawaii) and
thus proved as great or greater a pest than the species it was introduced to
help control

Tom Rice