From:
Monika Forner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Mar 1998 13:05:24 -0500
Hi everybody:

Would it be possible to make the default for answers to questions like this
one NOT  the private e-mail address of the questioner but address answers
to such inquiries to the whole group, please?  I had been waiting for
answers to the San Blas Islands question (and to may other similar ones in
the past) eagerly and for a long time; it's always interesting to hear
about shelling spots ANYWHERE, at least to me.  When no answers came, I
just thought nobody had an answer; it didn't even occur to me that people
would answer privately.  Isn't a question like this part and parcel of what
Conch-L is all about?  I don't mind answers to flying pigs in public, in
fact I enjoy them, but I DO regret to think that answers to questions of
general shelling interest are provided in private.  Maybe I'm off here, but
would anybody really mind receiving such info, even if they personally
didn't ask for it?

Monika