From:
Michael Hoelling <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Mar 1998 15:40:34 -0500
Hi everybody!

I am looking for a good book for determining red sea shells. I sometimes
get specimens from friends who go there for scuba diving, and I´m looking
forward to going diving there myself. So I would be thankful for any good
information about which book is useful for this region.

The special determination problem I have right now concerns a Strombus
species I do not find in my books: the two specimens I got are 34x20 resp.
38x23 mm in size, the shoulder has a row of tubercles, the base colour is
white with interrupted brown spiral stripes, the mouth is bright orange.
The collumellar callus has some shallow folds with deep orange staining
between them. This is probably quite a common species, but see above for my
problem.

Greetings from Germany
Mike