Date:
Thu, 24 Jun 1999 20:20:09 -0500
Andy:

From the Texans....the Busycon seldom get as large here as they do in
Florida.  I've found beautiful Busycon all along the Texas coast.  Certainly
a large number are broken when they are crabbed, but when found with animal
they are beautiful and definitely NOT brittle.  Also, they seem to be real
good at fixing up their shells after a major accident.  I know a lady in
Clute, Texas that has a great collection of Busycon freaks that have regrown
their shells in odd ways....

The person you really should get in touch with is Constance Boone at the
Houston Museum of Science - Strake Malacology Hall.  She has assisted in the
studies of Busycon for years.

RoseSea