From:
Dan Yoshimoto <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 Jul 1999 19:55:54 -0700
Vicky,
        Welcome to Conch-L.  I'm sure that you'll find the
group...interesting.  I noticed that one of your favorite families is
Xenophoridae.  In this group you'll find many of us that have the same
family interest.  Jump into the conversations and enjoy.
Dan Yoshimoto

>Hello, please forgive if this is a duplicate message. I am a new
>subscriber and think I've gotten it correct this time! My name is Vicky
>Wall and I am a member of the N.C. Shell Club and COA, since 1983.   I
>just got back from the COA convention in Louisville and had a great
>time. I met many other conch-L people so I thought I'd give this
>list-serve a try. I have been interested in shells for over 20 years. I
>enjoy collecting my own shells and have been on shelling trips to the
>Bahamas, Grenada, and Key West. I hope to be able to do another trip
>next summer. I don't scuba (yet) but enjoy snorkelling.  I also enjoy
>working on shell show exhibits. I have entered exhibits in N.C. (13
>shows), Jacksonville (2 shows) and the COA Convention (one show). I
>don't really have a specialty, but a couple of my favorite groups are
>carrier shells and Lion's Paw scallops. I'm looking forward to hearing
>from all of you on the list and will post more information about the
>convention later. Thanks, Vicky

Dan & Hiromi Yoshimoto
1164 Vista Dr.
Eureka, California