From:
Andrew Grebneff <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Jul 1999 09:01:47 +1200
Hello there; I'm Andrew Grebneff, 40, preparator of fossils, mainly
Oligocene-Miocene whales, at the Geology Dept, Otago University, PO Box 56,
Dunedin, New Zealand. I am interested in Mollusca of all classes from
(?Pre-)Cambrian to Recent. I am most interested in nautiloids, ammonoids
and gastropods, particularly the Epitoniidae. Currently I'm considering
doing a revision of all members of this family occurring in NZ waters.
There's a lot of species to cover. Nobody hold your breath! I'm also
writing various papers describing new species, fossil and Recent, and some
redescriptions and/or reallocations and synonymizations of some nonNZ
species, including a sinistral fossil species from Antarctica. Some of
these may even be published...eventually.

I have access to the Marine Sciences Dept research trawler "Munida" and
occasionally go out dredging down to 700m. There are dozens of undescribed
species coming up, mainly under 1cm. Most specimens of such small species
are dead. Some hauls result in spare specimens that are available for
exchange, though my stock is very low just now.

I also collect fossil species, many of which are also new, mostly
Oligocene-Miocene in this area, some Paleocene too. Found a Cretaceous
hermitcrab. Anyone know when these beasts first appeared?