From:
ferreter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 7 Aug 1999 09:29:25 -0700
Hey , Whoa , hold the horses , never I to say nay to Art , please re-read
those messages. ART,,,,NEVER GIVE UP, !!!!! And what about the Galapagos
porkus?? Is it true that there have been found a small herd/group/wallow of
them in a narrow canyon on the main island . I also found a reference to
Porkus aeronauticus galapagusis in the log of the H.M.S. Beagle, " Said
animals though quite large would be seen in the dawns first light soaring
from the cliffs where we think they must roost at night . How this animal as
yet unnamed can sustain flight with such stubby wings has many of us baffled
. Side note , iguanas found , nothing too unusual, Charles Darwin , H.M.S.
Beagle, 1763.."
I though you might find this interesting Art .
SHELL RELATED QUESTION: I just received a ASTREA HELIOTROPIUM (Martyn 1784)
in resembles a angaria as the texture and color of the shell are identical,
only the shape is different. Are the Astraeinae related or in the same group
as angaria? any input would be most appreciated ......
Thank you for your attention with this simple question.
Mark James & Peta Susan Bethke
3001 South Ocean Dr. Suite 4-V
Hollywood, Florida
33019-2804