From:
Emilio Jorge Power <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 8 Aug 1999 12:21:33 -0400
Hello!
Again a  great thanks to all on the Polymita/Born title help!

Wayne e-mailed me a super scan of the Born engraving in color together
with the descriptive text.
I will put this on the website ( with acknowledgements, of course).

This is the type description. Would  the specimen in the Maria Theresa
collection,
if it exists or is identifiable as such, be the holotype? If it is
considered lost what would be the type?
A lectotype selected by whom? Which museum is this in?

Carlos de la Torre selected or redefined the type locality at Jauco on
the south coast of Oriente Province
because the original Born locality, Italy, was obviously in error.

I will put up the Polymita website with the caveat "Still Under
Construction" for all to see. It takes alot of research before info is
put up. The site generation is a snap, it is the verified and correct
info which is time consuming.

Again thanks for all the help. If anyone has any Polymita information
you would like to share, comment etc please e-mail me.

Later,

Emilio Jorge Power

Please visit;
"The Liguus Home Page"