Date:
Thu, 26 Aug 1999 19:26:40 +0200
Dear Amy and all friends of Conch-L!
I just came back from my two-weeks vacation and, as I avoid unsuscribing
the list in order not to loose discussions that could be of interest for
me, I found waiting in my mailbox 621 messages. I must confess I was
surprised by the number of overreactions,as far as the 'tuning' of the
message, or the text (shell-related or not) is concerned.
I am an 'old' subscriber of the list, although I do not participate very
often to the discussions, but one of the 'plus' of COnch-L, according to
me, is the idea of freindly chats at different levels on molluscs that we
can share together. I also enjoy some fun and I must say that I appreciated
a lot the different jokes posted at the beginning of this month, for
example.
After these years, I can say that through Conch-L we know better each
other, and communication should be easier among all of us. We have all
something in common: which is the love and interest for shells. I do not
see why we should overreact when it is evident that often it is the meaning
we give to words which is different: many of us are not of English mother
tongue, and if we read a message late in the noght, after a day of work,
overstressed by our personal problems, it is easy to overreact. But also
among English mother tongue people sometimes the 'nuances' are different.
Nothing is worth the price of the loss of a friend: let's all be patient a
little bit more, and we will enjoy our messages a lot more!

Maria

Maria Antonietta Fontana Angioy
Evolver srl - La Conchiglia
Rome, Italy

 E-Mail services powered by Pro.Net. Internet Service Provider
              Check http://www.pngroup.net/promail